Dedicant's Path

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Home Shrine




     My home shrine is conveniently located on the corner of the desk in my bedroom.   The computer takes about half the space and my shrine the rest.   Above my altar, is a sign which cannot be seen which says, “Sit a Spell”.  My shrine is an eclectic mixture of store bought pieces and inherited items.   My tree is an artificial tree with a star on top.    Pieces of yarn and knitting which were made as offerings to the ancestors sit in the branches.   The little red cupid was found in a box of tea.  The cauldron was given to me by a friend.   The white well was made by son, as was the purple offering bowl down at the bottom.   The oil lamp and the coaster it sits on have been dedicated to the Shining Ones.   My fire is represented by a white candle in a selenite candle holder in a blue, green, and silver bowl; thus, I have a dual representation on my desk, of both the microcosm and macrocosm.   Candles to represent, land, sea,  and sky line the wall,  along with clusters of amethyst,  some citrine,  a quartz point,  and a piece of tektite.   The hand-knitted bear is my representation of my work with the Nature Spirits and my animal guide.   It has a working space for omen taking, writing, and larger offerings.
     I am very comfortable with the spot that it is in, because I do most of my writing on the computer.   Eventually I would like to get a couple of shelves to put up family portraits and pictures of the ancestors.  I am also contemplating moving the “Sit a Spell” sign to over my bed and moving the metal triskele wind chime over the shrine, but have not done so yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment